• Created Date
  • 1912
  • Description
  • A postcard of Salisbury Laboratories at the Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, Massachusetts. Salisbury Laboratory, built in 1889, was the third building constructed on the campus and originally held the Departments of Chemistry, Physics and Mechanical Engineering. The building was named after Stephen Salisbury II, one of the original benefactors of Worcester Polytechnic Institute, and his son Stephen Salisbury III for his many donati... more
    A postcard of Salisbury Laboratories at the Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, Massachusetts. Salisbury Laboratory, built in 1889, was the third building constructed on the campus and originally held the Departments of Chemistry, Physics and Mechanical Engineering. The building was named after Stephen Salisbury II, one of the original benefactors of Worcester Polytechnic Institute, and his son Stephen Salisbury III for his many donations to the school, including for the construction of the Salisbury Laboratories. Is a part of the Worcester Polytechnic Institute History Collection. University Archives and Special Collections, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, George C. Gordon Library, Worcester, Massachusetts. http://www.wpi.edu/+library. Hugh C. Leighton Co. less
  • Format
  • Cards
    Postcards
  • Rights
  • Rights status not evaluated. Contact host institution for more information.