Washington Square, south
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- Ca. 1859
The residential atmosphere of old Washington Square persists today, though few of the buildings shown here are still standing. On the site of the First Presbyterian Church and the residences at the left now stands the Hopkinson House apartment building. The meetinghouse, center, was demolished long ago, and the space taken for commercial enterprises.--OPEP, p. 60.
- PA Digital
- Contributing Institution
- Free Library of Philadelphia
- African Americans
First Presbyterian Church
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Washington Square, south. Ca. 1859. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://libwww.freelibrary.org/diglib/searchItem.cfm?itemID=pdcl00057. (Accessed September 24, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (Ca. 1859) Washington Square, south. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://libwww.freelibrary.org/diglib/searchItem.cfm?itemID=pdcl00057
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://libwww.freelibrary.org/diglib/searchItem.cfm?itemID=pdcl00057>.