• Created Date
  • n.d.
  • Description
  • Ravensdale coal mines began shipping in 1900 under the management of the Leary Coal Company. The mine passed under the control of the Northwestern Improvement Company, subsidiary to the Northern Pacific Railroad in 1914. An explosion destroyed the mine in 1915, killing 31 workers and closing the mine.Caption on image: No. 1294. At Ravensdale.
  • Format
  • Postcard
    image
    photograph
    Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL at 100 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x512 ppi. 1999