• Description
  • Built in 1904, the Chimes Tower was originally a water tower for pumping water from the lake. The chimes consisted of 12 bells, donated by Col. A.J. Blethen, Seattle Times publisher. They were enclosed in the tower in 1914. The tower burned down in 1949.Filed in: UW - Chimes and tower -#420.
  • Format
  • Photograph: b&w
    3 3/16 x 5 9/16 in.
    Scanned as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 24-bit RGB color or 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 or 600 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3