- View Full Item
Sequoyah, or George Guess (1770?-1843). Color portrait from waist up. He wears a blue coat and vest with white collar and red necktie, as well as a red and white decorated head piece, and a medallion hanging from his neck. He holds a paper and pipe. "Se-Quo-Yah, or George Guess: Inventor of the Cherokee Alphabet
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- Sequoyah, 1770?-1843
Indians of North America
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- Sequoyah portrait. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/173. (Accessed October 20, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Sequoyah portrait. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/173
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/173>.