- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University Library
Caption: "When the great fire of 1871 destroyed the City Hall at the corner of La Salle and Adams streets a temporary building erected on the site was jokingly called " The Rookery." The twelve story building erected later upon this spot retained the name of ""The Rookery." It is built of gray granite and fire proof brick." Designed by Burnham and Root. The base is of red granite and the facades and ornament are of pressed brick and terra-cotta.
- The Loop (Chicago, Ill.)
- Images in this collection were digitized through the University of Illinois Library's participation in the Open Content Alliance and may be used freely. Attribution to the University of Illinois is appreciated. High-resolution images can be downloaded from the Internet Archive at www.archive.org. For further information, contact email@example.com.