Old Capitol Building on fire, Olympia, Washington, September 8, 1928
Thurston County Courthouse, located between Sixth and Seventh Avenues and Washington and Franklin Streets, used as the State Capitol Building from 1903 to 1928. Tower razed after earthquake in 1949. Renovated in 1983, the building now houses the offices of the Superintendent of Public Instruction.
Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL at 100 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x512 ppi. 1999