Parable of the prodigal son
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Sermon notes by Edward Hitchcock containing notes for four sermons. The first remarks on Luke 15:11-24 and discusses the parable of the prodigal son, going through the verses line by line and explaining them. The second quotes Proverbs 8:17 and discusses why it is best to becoming religious in youth. The third quotes Matthew 14:30 and focuses on the idea that salvation is only attainable through Jesus Christ. The fourth quotes Thessalonians 5:19 and lists ways one can know the Holy Spirit is with him, and ways that can lose the spirit. At the top of the sermon Hitchcock has noted beneath the quoted verse whether he preached the full sermon.
This item is undated. The date range provided is drawn from the date range of the series in the finding aid.
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Amherst College Archives & Special Collections
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864--Sermons
Sermons, American--Outlines, syllabi, etc
Prodigal son (Parable)
- SermonsNotesOutlines (documents)Manuscripts
- Public Domain: This material has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. While Amherst College Archives & Special Collections claims no rights or authority over this material, we do ask that any publication or use of this material cite the Archives & Special Collections at Amherst College as the source of the images and the repository where the original documents can be found. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864. Parable of the prodigal son. 1819-1861. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:498783. (Accessed December 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864, (1819-1861) Parable of the prodigal son. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:498783
- MLA citation style
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:498783>.