- View Full Item
Etching features side and front views of the Bell Tavern that was located in Lynchburg, Virginia, during the time of Andrew Jackson. The original inspiration image is credited to the Collection of Jones Memorial Library.
Andrew Jackson met up with Thomas Jefferson at Jefferson's estate of Poplar Forest in late April of 1815 as Jackson was traveling to Washington. Jefferson accompanied Jackson to Lynchburg, where they attended a banquet in honor of Jackson. Both men spent the night at Bell Tavern.
- Wall, Bernhardt, 1872-1956
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Lynchburg (Va.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Wall, Bernhardt, 1872-1956. Bell Tavern. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/bernhardt/id/95. (Accessed January 22, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Wall, Bernhardt, 1872-1956, Bell Tavern. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/bernhardt/id/95
- MLA citation style
- Wall, Bernhardt, 1872-1956. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/bernhardt/id/95>.