View of Scotty's Castle from above
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Slide shows an overhead view of Scotty's Castle in Death Valley. Two people can be seen climbing the hill in the foreground.
Built between 1922 and 1931, Scotty's Castle, or Death Valley Ranch, is a "two-story Mission Revival and Spanish Colonial Revival style villa located in the Grapevine Mountains of northern Death Valley in Death Valley National Park." From: "Scotty's Castle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia," http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotty%27s_Castle (accessed 4/24/12). "Walter Scott, Death Valley Scotty, convinced everyone that he had built the castle with money from his rich secret mines in the area. Albert Mussey Johnson actually built the house as a vacation getaway for himself and his wife Bessie." From: "Scotty's Castle - Death Valley National Park," http://www.nps.gov/deva/historyculture/scottys-castle.htm (accessed 4/24/12).
- French, Gerald L. (photographer)
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- San José State University, Special Collections and Archives
- Copyright is assigned to the San Jose State University Library Special Collections & Archives. All requests for permission to publish or quote manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Director of Special Collections. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Special Collections & Archives as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the reader. Copyright restrictions also apply to digital representations of the original materials. Use of digital files from or derived from these collections is restricted to research and educational purposes.
- Chicago citation style
- French, Gerald L. (photographer). View of Scotty's Castle from above. 1958. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.sjlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/french/id/6. (Accessed December 17, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- French, Gerald L. (photographer), (1958) View of Scotty's Castle from above. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.sjlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/french/id/6
- MLA citation style
- French, Gerald L. (photographer). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digitalcollections.sjlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/french/id/6>.