World's Columbian Exposition Fisheries Building
View Full Image
A black and white photograph of the exterior of the Fisheries Building at the World’s Columbian Exposition in 1893. Source: Arnold, C. D. Collection of Photographs Illustrating the Construction and Progress of the World’s Columbian Exposition. 1893. Dimensions: 10"x13". The World's Columbian Exposition ran from May 1 to October 30, 1893. The Fisheries Building was on the eastern side of the lagoon north of Wooded Island. The building was in three parts, "a main building 365 feet long and 165 feet wide, and two polygonal buildings each 133 feet 6 inches in diameter, connected with the structure by two curved arcades." The exhibits included "everything that science has rescued from the depths of the ocean, sea, lake or river. . . ." Flinn, J., ed. "The Official Guide to the World’s Columbian Exposition." Chicago: The Columbian Guide Company, 1893, p. 59. Celebrations and Festivals; Exploring The Columbian Exposition 16 History
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University Library|
|World's Columbian Exposition (Chicago, Illinois)|
For any further information related to this record, please contact the Collection Publisher. See http://images.library.uiuc.edu/projects/tdcfor more information about this project.