- View Full Item
- Created Date
Burgess Ross and his wife, Hallie Snyder Ross, who had both taught at Atlantic Union College in the 1920s, purchased the former Howe estate on the east side of Main Street in South Lancaster. They improved the place, adding to it and developing a garden with a large greenhouse. Around 1948, the Rosses sold the estate, with its 16 apartments, to the college. Through the years, it continued to be used for student housing. Unfortunately, the building was lost to fire on February 11, 2000.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Frank and Lois Ponte
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Ross manor. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k038. (Accessed December 16, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Ross manor. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k038
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k038>.