Hearlihy 340C Set of Drawing Instruments
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This set is in a light blue cardboard box marked on all sides: Reißzeug • Drawing instrument set • Boîte de compass • Estuche de compases. On one end, the box is also marked: 340 C. On the other end, the box is marked: Made in West Germany. The case is cream and brown plastic, marked on the top: H (/) Hearlihy & Co. The inside is lined with blue foam and velvet and holds:
1) 6" stainless steel fixed-leg needle-point dividers with a black plastic handle covering the hinge. The front is marked: H. The back is marked: GERMANY.
2) 1-5/8" steel screwdriver with black plastic butterfly handle marked: GERMANY.
3) 6-1/4" stainless steel and black plastic bow pencil with pen and extension bar attachments. The front of the compass is marked: H. The back is marked: GERMANY.
4) 1-1/4" black and white plastic cylindrical case holding two leads.
5) 1-1/2" black plastic rectangular case holding two leads, a needle point, and a replacement adjusting screw and nut. The lid is marked: GERMANY.
6) 4-3/4" stainless steel bow pencil with needle point and pen point attachments. One leg is marked: H GERMANY.
7) 3" black plastic pen handle.
Hearlihy & Co., a Springfield, Ohio, supplier of drafting instruments and developer of technology education curriculum modules founded by the donor's parents in 1969, distributed this set of drawing instruments. According to a note in the accession file, the set is original and complete even though there are at least three empty slots in the tray. The same case was used to sell different sets of instruments. The set was received new.
Currently not on view
- Chicago citation style
- Hearlihy 340C Set of Drawing Instruments. 1987. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.si.edu/search/results.htm?q=record_ID%3Anmah_1214880&repo=DPLA. (Accessed November 17, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1987) Hearlihy 340C Set of Drawing Instruments. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.si.edu/search/results.htm?q=record_ID%3Anmah_1214880&repo=DPLA
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://collections.si.edu/search/results.htm?q=record_ID%3Anmah_1214880&repo=DPLA>.