"The Battle of New Orleans" scene
- View Full Item
Engraving of Major-General Andrew Jackson, sword aloft, standing with troops behind American ramparts at the Battle of New Orleans. Two frontier militiamen and a black man are in forefront. The black man is rummaging through a bag of musket balls. U.S. regulars fire from behind the cotton-bale barricade while British soldiers attack. Scattered on the ground are a broken drum, a musket, and cannonballs. A tattered American flag waves at top center.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- N. P. Fitzpatrick
- Jackson, Andrew, 1767-1845
Jackson, Andrew, 1767-1845
New Orleans, Battle of, New Orleans, La., 1815
Southern States--History--War of 1812
Campaigns & battles
- New Orleans (La.)
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- "The Battle of New Orleans" scene. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/78. (Accessed October 20, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- "The Battle of New Orleans" scene. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/78
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/78>.