Lake View town hall
View Full Image
Caption: "Town Hall of the former city of Lake View: Built in 1872 at a cost of seventeen thousand dollars, corner Addison and Halsted streets. Photograph taken by A. W. Watriss". From text: "The name of the Township of Ridgeville was changed to Evanston on February 17th, 1857, accompanied by a change of boundaries. Lakeview Township, formerly a part of Ridgeville Township, was at the same time created, and has since been included within the city limits of Chicago.
|Watriss, A. W|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University Library|
|Chicago , IL|
Images in this collection were digitized through the University of Illinois Library's participation in the Open Content Alliance and may be used freely. Attribution to the University of Illinois is appreciated. High-resolution images can be downloaded from the Internet Archive at www.archive.org. For further information, contact email@example.com.