- View Full Item
- Created Date
- Ca. 1958
The Nicetown Branch opened in 1897, in the converted Pfund's Hall at 4015 Germantown Avenue. In 1917, the branch was relocated to a new Andrew Carnegie-funded building at 1715 Hunting Park Avenue. The branch relocated once more in 1958, to a converted Linton's Restaurant at 3720 North Broad Street, pictured here in situ. It was then renamed the Nicetown-Tioga Branch. In 1961, it was extensively remodeled and modernized. The Nicetown-Tioga Branch serves the communities of Nicetown and Tioga, situated close to the Erie station of the Broad Street Subway.
- PA Digital
- Contributing Institution
- Free Library of Philadelphia
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. For other uses you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).a
- Chicago citation style
- Nicetown-Tioga Branch. Ca. 1958. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://libwww.freelibrary.org/diglib/searchItem.cfm?itemID=pdcf00342. (Accessed September 23, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (Ca. 1958) Nicetown-Tioga Branch. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://libwww.freelibrary.org/diglib/searchItem.cfm?itemID=pdcf00342
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://libwww.freelibrary.org/diglib/searchItem.cfm?itemID=pdcf00342>.