Julio Arturo Fanjul Oral History
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Julio Arturo Fanjul was a junior at Kent State University in 1970 and he relates his memories of the events that took place on campus May 1-4, 1970. He describes the tear gas in his dormitory, Moulton Hall, on Friday, May 1, and events he witnessed surrounding the burning of the ROTC Military Science Building on Saturday, May 2. He also describes seeing the National Guard troops arrive in Kent that day. He mentions the helicopters that were circling overhead on May 3. On Monday, May 4, he arrived in The Commons area just as the National Guard had started to use tear gas. He relates his eyewitness account of the shootings from his position in the parking lot near Terrace Hall.
Fanjul, Julio Arturo
- Ohio Digital Network
- Contributing Institution
- Kent State University
- Kent State Shootings: Oral Histories
- College students--Ohio--Kent--Interviews
Kent (Ohio). Police Dept
Kent State Shootings, Kent, Ohio, 1970
Kent State University. ROTC Building--Fires
Ohio. Army National Guard
Tear gas munitions
- Standardized Rights Statement
- In Copyright:This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. For other uses you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).
- Chicago citation style
- Fanjul, Julio Arturo. Julio Arturo Fanjul Oral History. 2000-05-03. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://omeka.library.kent.edu/special-collections/items/show/1576. (Accessed December 1, 2022.)
- APA citation style
- Fanjul, Julio Arturo, (2000-05-03) Julio Arturo Fanjul Oral History. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://omeka.library.kent.edu/special-collections/items/show/1576
- MLA citation style
- Fanjul, Julio Arturo. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://omeka.library.kent.edu/special-collections/items/show/1576>.