The works of Horatio Walpole, earl of OrfordWorks. 1798
- View Full Item
- Created Date
The Anecdotes of painting and Catalogue of engravers were compiled from manuscripts of George Vertue.
Edited by Mary Berry, cf. Dict. nat. biog.
v. 4. Catalogue of engravers in England. Life of George Vertue, with list of works. Appendix to anecdotes of painting. Chatterton papers. Narrative of the quarrel of Mr. David Hume and J. J. Rousseau, as far as Mr. Horace Walpole was concerned in it. Letters between D. Hume and H. Walpole, relative to Rousseau. Reminiscences, written in 1788. Hieroglyphic tales. Parody on Chesterfield's letters. Criticism on Dr. Johnson's writings. Strange occurrences: a continuation of Baker's chronicle. Detached thoughts. Miscellaneous verses. Prologues and epilogues. Epigrams. Index to catalogue of engravers.--v. 5. Letters.--v. 6. Letters from the Hon. Horace Walpole, to George Montagu, Esq., from the year 1736, to the year 1770.--v. 7. Memoirs of the last ten years of the reign of George the Second, by Horace Walpole, earl of Oxford.
v. 1. Fugitive pieces. The mysterious mother: a tragedy. Catalogue of the royal and noble authors of England.--v. 2. The castle of Otranto. An account of the giants lately discovered. Historic doubts on the life and reign of Richard III, with supplement, observations, etc. Ædes walpolianæ; or, A description of the pictures at Houghton hall. Sermon on painting. Nature will prevail: a moral entertainment. Thoughts on tragedy. Thoughts on comedy. Detection of a late forgery, called Testament politique du chevalier Robert Walpoole. Life of Rev. Thomas Baker. Account of my conduct relative to the places I hold under government. Letters to and from ministers. Description of Strawberry hill. On modern gardening. On the late dismission of a general officer.--v. 3. Anecdotes of painting [and the other fine arts]
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797
- Contributing Institution
- University of Virginia
- London, G. G. and J. Robinson, John Murray
- Engravers--Great Britain
- Electronic resourceLanguage material
- Public domain. Learn more at http://www.hathitrust.org/access_use
- Chicago citation style
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797. The works of Horatio Walpole, earl of Orford,Works. 1798. 1798-1822. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/001071637. (Accessed December 17, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797, (1798-1822) The works of Horatio Walpole, earl of Orford,Works. 1798. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/001071637
- MLA citation style
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/001071637>.