- View Full Item
The Nashville Inn is pictured. The text indicates that this site was Andrew Jackson's headquarters. The print was inspired by an image once held by the Carnegie Public Library in Nashville, Tennessee. The inn as well as two other buildings can be seen, one of which has three stories with balconies. A horse-drawn stagecoach and few men in top hats can be seen in front of the buildings.
The Nashville Inn was often frequented by Andrew and Rachel Jackson. According to one of Jackson's contemporaries, Jackson "frequently spent weeks at the Inn, always surrounded by a coterie of his friends…It was nothing to see the crowd gathered in the vacant lot and witness a cock fight, or even a set-to between some of the lookers-on." The inn was destroyed by fire in 1856; it was originally located near the Davidson County Courthouse in downtown Nashville. Other famous guests include Andrew Johnson.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Nashville Inn. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/bernhardt/id/87. (Accessed October 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Nashville Inn. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/bernhardt/id/87
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/bernhardt/id/87>.