Testimony of Mercedes Iglesias Serrano, Interview with Luis Martín-Cabrera and Andrea Davis; July 7, 2010
- View Full Item
The digital Archive of the Spanish Civil War and the Francoist Dictatorship is an initiative of UCSD in collaboration with several Spanish civic associations, such as the ARMH (Asociación para la Recuperación de la Memoria Histórica), the Asociación de Ex-presos y Represaliados Políticos, the Federación Estatal de Foros por la Memoria and others. With the assistance of these human rights organizations, since the summer of 2007 several teams of graduate students have been recording audiovisual testimonies of militants, witnesses, and victims of the Spanish Civil War and the Francoist repression
Mercedes Iglesias Serrano relates that her grandparents lived through and fought in the Civil War. Mercedes explains that her immediate family's history is filled with silences concerning her grandparents' experiences. She recounts the struggles she has faced in her attempts to rescue and preserve her grandparents' history. Mercedes reconstructs stories about her grandparents to the best of her current knowledge
Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego, La Jolla, 92093-0175 (http://libraries.ucsd.edu/collections/sca/)
Iglesias Serrano, Mercedes. Testimony of the Spanish Civil War and the Francoist Dictatorship. University of California, San Diego, 2010
Barcelona, Spain :, Spanish Civil War Memory Project, 2010
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- UC San Diego, Library, Special Collections and Archives
- moving image
- Under copyright
Constraint(s) on Use: This work is protected by the copyright law. Use of this work beyond that allowed by the applicable copyright statute requires written permission of the copyright holder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and any use and distribution of this work rests exclusively with the user and not the UC San Diego Library. Inquiries can be made to the UC San Diego Library program having custody of the work.
Use: This work is available from the UC San Diego Library. This digital copy of the work is intended to support research, teaching, and private study.
- Chicago citation style
- Testimony of Mercedes Iglesias Serrano, Interview with Luis Martín-Cabrera and Andrea Davis; July 7, 2010. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb7987609b. (Accessed December 12, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Testimony of Mercedes Iglesias Serrano, Interview with Luis Martín-Cabrera and Andrea Davis; July 7, 2010. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb7987609b
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb7987609b>.