Academy of the Holy Names, ca. 1885
Caption to left of photo: A bit of Seattle in the middle 1880s from Seventh Avenue and Washington Street to the southeast. The big building in the center was the Catholic Academy of the Holy Names. It cost more than $50,000, Twenty years later, in a Jackson Street regrade it and all these other houses were destroyed.Prosch Seattle Views Album, Vol. 2, page 76.
Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL at 100 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x512 ppi. 2001