Gymnastics Team, 1901
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This photograph depicts a gym class in a gymnasium. The men and young boys form a triangle up gym equipment to the running track of the gymnasium. Some men are seated or stand on the running track. There is a basketball hoop next to them. A handwritten penciled caption on the back of the photograph reads, "Senior Gym 1901, H. Elryers Senior Gym Class Nov. '01" and "P.K. Holmes". The exact location of this gym class is unknown, though it appears that the gymnasium is not Springfield College's, the International YMCA Training School at this time, East Gymnasium. P. K. Holmes was part of the Class of 1904. Mr. Holmes, he came to study to Springfield College from Yarmouth, Nova Scotia. "Since coming to the Training School (Springfield College), his perseverance has won him a place on the school football team, the field hockey team and the Jubilee Track Team in 1902" (The Massasoit, 1904).
A handwritten pencilled caption on the back of the photograph reads, "Senior Gym 1901, H. Elryers Senior Gym Class Nov. '01" and "P.K. Holmes
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Gymnastics Team, 1901. 1901-1904. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/9297. (Accessed July 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1901-1904) Gymnastics Team, 1901. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/9297
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/9297>.