George Lewis Gabler
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A portrait photograph of George Lewis Gabler, c. 1890-91. George Lewis Gabler graduated from Springfield College in 1894. He was a classmate of William Morgan, the inventor of Volleyball, and a student of Dr. James Naismith, the inventor of Basketball. After graduation he was the Physical Director of the Holyoke Massachusetts YMCA, the year before Morgan arrived and invented Volleyball. Later he became a doctor, living and practicing medicine in Holyoke for the rest of his life.
- Stewart & Yoost
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- International Young Men's Christian Association Training School (Springfield, Mass.)
Gabler, George Lewis
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Stewart & Yoost. George Lewis Gabler. 1890-1891. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/2571. (Accessed July 16, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Stewart & Yoost, (1890-1891) George Lewis Gabler. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/2571
- MLA citation style
- Stewart & Yoost. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/2571>.