View Full Image
From text: "The LaSalle Club is a political and social organization. All the leading Republican politicians belong to it, and it is the centre of Republican activity in Chicago. … Organized in 1884 … early in 1888 it took possession of the fine building it now occupies, at 252 West Monroe Street, formerly the residence of C. C. Holton, Esq. The house is of marble, three stories and a basement ... In the basement are the lunch room, the café, cigar stand, gymnasium, and a magnificent bowling alley, containing five alleys and two shuffle boards. On the first story are the halls, two large parlors, the reading room and the office, and in the addition the billiard room, with twelve tables. The second story contains eighteen card rooms, and a superb assembly room in the addition. The third story is as yet unfinished.
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University Library|
|The Loop (Chicago, Ill.)|
Images in this collection were digitized through the University of Illinois Library's participation in the Open Content Alliance and may be used freely. Attribution to the University of Illinois is appreciated. High-resolution images can be downloaded from the Internet Archive at www.archive.org. For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.