A shift change at the AVCO Aerostructures plant in Nashville, Tennessee
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This picture shows a group of employees leaving the Avco Aerostructures plant in Nashville (Tenn.) after a shift change. In the center of the picture, two women can be seen among the employees. Although this picture is dated 1952, Avco was hiring women to work in their plants much earlier, during the labor shortage of World War II.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- World War 1939-1945
World War 1939-1945--Participation--Female--Tennessee
World War 1939-1945--War Work--Tennessee
- Davidson County (Tenn.)
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees, that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- A shift change at the AVCO Aerostructures plant in Nashville, Tennessee. 1952-09-09. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/1184. (Accessed January 18, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1952-09-09) A shift change at the AVCO Aerostructures plant in Nashville, Tennessee. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/1184
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/1184>.