Cornell West and Jorge Klor de Alva, October 19, 1994, October 19, 1994
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- October 19, 1994
The press releases were intended to inform both the media and, by extension, the general public of events and activities the Getty wished to publicize. Subjects include acquisitions, public events, exhibitions, personnel appointments to significant administrative positions, collaborative projects, conferences, fellowship/scholar/conservator awards, grants, occasional matters regarding Trust administration, and others. It is not clear whether press releases issued before 1984 are complete.
Final press releases issued by the Getty have been scanned to PDF-A and processed using uncorrected optical character recognition (OCR) to enable full-text searching. The quality of the full-text searching varies, however, depending on the clarity of the original font and sometimes, it seems, the paper color of the original release. The contents of each file folder were scanned as a single PDF therefore, depending on the folder in question, a PDF may contain one or multiple press releases. Please note that only final Getty press releases were scanned; the occasional drafts, notes, memos, correspondence, photos, and press releases issued by other organizations were not scanned.
- J. Paul Getty Trust. Communications Dept.
- J. Paul Getty Trust
- Contributing Institution
- Getty Research Institute
- The Getty Research Institute Institutional Records and Archives, 1200 Getty Center Drive, Suite 1100, Los Angeles, California 90049-1688
- Art museums--Design and construction
Art museums--Public relations
Communication and education
- Digital images and files saved from this website are for study purposes only. Copyright restrictions apply. Copyright J. Paul Getty Trust.
For more information, see the Library Reproductions & Permissions page.
- Chicago citation style
- J. Paul Getty Trust. Communications Dept.. Cornell West and Jorge Klor de Alva, October 19, 1994, October 19, 1994. October 19, 1994. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://hdl.handle.net/10020/gia_2007_ia_34_05_47. (Accessed January 18, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- J. Paul Getty Trust. Communications Dept., (October 19, 1994) Cornell West and Jorge Klor de Alva, October 19, 1994, October 19, 1994. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://hdl.handle.net/10020/gia_2007_ia_34_05_47
- MLA citation style
- J. Paul Getty Trust. Communications Dept.. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://hdl.handle.net/10020/gia_2007_ia_34_05_47>.