General Information Bulletin, Series 22, 1942
- View Full Item
- Created Date
General information bulletin, series 22, published at the Heart Mountain incarceration camp, Wyoming on October 6, 1942. Bulletin including news, events, and topics related to Heart Mountain incarceration camp. Includes: High School Opens for 1251 colonists; 2-day faculty conference starts Thursday; New regulation on leave permits; Ghostly intruder terrorizes colonists; Catholic service Wednesday; Appendectomy performed; First baby girl born here; Return of notebooks asked; Colonists to get legal assistance; Information clerk takes telegrams; Community store's sales average revealed; Business found favorable; Restriction of hot plates necessary; Fire prevention week observed; Firemen prepare for cold weather; Cold weather predicted; Drum and bugle lessons offered; Many people view exhibit; and Recreation activities and announcements.
6 pages; 10.5 x 8 inches
The Japanese American Archival Collection documents the people, places, and daily life of Japanese Americans, primarily those who lived in the once thriving community of pre-war Florin in the Sacramento region, as well as the conditions in American incarceration camps during World War II. The approximately 7,000 original items include personal and official letters, photographs, diaries, arts and crafts, newsletters, textiles, camps artifacts, yearbooks and other publications.
- United States. War Relocation Authority
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- California State University, Dominguez Hills, Archives and Special Collections
- World War II--Incarceration camps--Facilities, services, and camp administration
World War II--Incarceration camps--Social and recreational activities
World War II--Incarceration camps--Publications
- All requests for permission to publish must be submitted in writing to California State University, Sacramento, University Library, Dept. of Special Collections and University Archives as the owner of the physical item and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained. Further information available online: www.lib.csus.edu/scua
- Chicago citation style
- United States. War Relocation Authority. General Information Bulletin, Series 22, 1942. 1942-10-06. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16855.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16855coll4/id/9475. (Accessed December 17, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- United States. War Relocation Authority, (1942-10-06) General Information Bulletin, Series 22, 1942. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16855.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16855coll4/id/9475
- MLA citation style
- United States. War Relocation Authority. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16855.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16855coll4/id/9475>.