Trailer village home
- View Full Item
- Created Date
To provide housing for married ex-servicemen enrolling as students, the college purchased 61 trailers from the federal government in 1946. They were placed in rows in the field north of the present-day Thayer Music Conservatory. The trailer village, which had a common bathhouse rather than individual facilities in the units lasted about five years. Shown here is trailer No. 56, still owned by Frank Ponte.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Frank and Lois Ponte ; Atlantic Union College
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Trailer village home. 1946-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k31f. (Accessed December 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1946-2000) Trailer village home. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k31f
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k31f>.