Newspaper articles on State Camp Meetings at Towanda in 1874
- View Full Item
- Created Date
The Bloomington, Illinois Pantagraph articles published July 29 and August 12, 1874 tell of the large attendance at the State Camp Meeting Association held in Money Creek Township at the Moats' estate. Messrs. Dodson and Moats erected a boarding tent with kitchen and storeroom attached. The dining room contained 12 tables with room for 30 at each table. Seats had been set up for 4,000 people. Sleeping tents have been set up and vendors were av...
Page 1 of 4 Page 2 of 4 Page 3 of 4 Page 4 of 4
- Contributing Institution
- Towanda Area Historical Society/Towanda District Library
- The images in the Towanda Area Historical Society digital library may be viewed, downloaded, and printed for personal or educational use, but any commercial use is prohibited, without permission. Questions may be directed to the historical society at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Towanda Illinois District Library at (309)728-2176.
- Chicago citation style
- Newspaper articles on State Camp Meetings at Towanda in 1874. 1874-07-29. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1681. (Accessed December 16, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1874-07-29) Newspaper articles on State Camp Meetings at Towanda in 1874. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1681
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1681>.