• Created Date
  • ca. 1923
  • Description
  • The shellhouse was built in 1918 as a hangar for the Aviation Training Corps. It was never used, but turned over after the war to the University and used as a shell house for the rowing crews. The name was changed to Canoe House when the rowing crew moved to their new quarters in 1949. The Coach is probably Russell Callow.Caption on image: 101654 1/2. PH Coll 195.29.
  • Format
  • Photograph
    image
    Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9800XL at 100-150 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x600 ppi. 2007
    7 1/2 x 9 1/2 in.