- View Full Item
Color post card advertising Woodward Wight & Co., a New Orleans supply house which sold just about everything. A man is carrying a gun, a rifle, a shield and a sword facing a stegomyia, a yellow mosquitothat carried yellow fever. Across the top is written, "Woodward, Wight & Co., Ltd. We are after your orders too." In the center of the card is written, "Way down in my heart I have a feeling for you." Under the yellow mosquito is written, "This is a Stegomyia." It is addressed to the Cotton Oil Co. Shreveport, La. It is postmarked New Orleans, La. on Sept 4, 1905.
1 postcard: color; 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 in.
- The Portal to Texas History
- Contributing Institution
- Private Collection of Joe E. Haynes
- Chicago citation style
- [Fighting Mosquitos]. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth35725/. (Accessed December 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- [Fighting Mosquitos]. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth35725/
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth35725/>.