West Seattle junction, Seattle, ca. 1926
The crossing of two streetcar lines at California Avenue and Alaska Street created what is now commonly referred to as the Junction, as well as the heart of West Seattle. By 1911, the junction became a full-fledged business district. The building shown in this photo stands today on the northwest corner of California and Alaska, and the corner storefront houses Easy Street Records.
Scanned from print made from original negative as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3
- All Rights Reserved