• Creator
  • Miller, Patricia L; Illinois Heritage Association
  • Created Date
  • 8-2-02
  • Description
  • 608 S. Wright Street, Urbana. After years of discussion, the Women's Building was erected in 1905, with McKim, Mead and White as architects. There were additions in 1913 and 1923-24. Following World War II, the building was named for Isabel Bevier, longtime head of Home Economics. It was reassigned to the English department in 1957 when a new Bevier Hall was completed. Besides classrooms and facilities for the department of household science, ... more
    608 S. Wright Street, Urbana. After years of discussion, the Women's Building was erected in 1905, with McKim, Mead and White as architects. There were additions in 1913 and 1923-24. Following World War II, the building was named for Isabel Bevier, longtime head of Home Economics. It was reassigned to the English department in 1957 when a new Bevier Hall was completed. Besides classrooms and facilities for the department of household science, the building's central portion once contained two gymnasia and a swimming pool. Urban Treasure Hunt. 16 History. less
  • Format
  • Bevier.jpg