• Creator
  • Miller, Patricia L; Illinois Heritage Association
  • Created Date
  • 09/03/02
  • Description
  • 607 S. Matthews Ave., Champaign [Urbana]. The agriculture building's site was considered quite far south when it was erected in 1899-1901. The complex (three attached structures) housed classrooms and offices, an assembly hall named for Professor George E. Morrow, and facilities for dairying, stock judging, and household science. Remodeling was necessary within a few years to accommodate the growing college, and there was an addition in 1917. ... more
    607 S. Matthews Ave., Champaign [Urbana]. The agriculture building's site was considered quite far south when it was erected in 1899-1901. The complex (three attached structures) housed classrooms and offices, an assembly hall named for Professor George E. Morrow, and facilities for dairying, stock judging, and household science. Remodeling was necessary within a few years to accommodate the growing college, and there was an addition in 1917. In 1946 it was named for former agriculture Dean Eugene Davenport. This image is of a postcard with a 1914 view. Urban Treasure Hunt; Picture Book on Illinois Agricultural History. 16 History. less
  • Format
  • Image33.jpg