Dentists of Rivers Community Hospital
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photograph of the dentists at the Rivers Community Hospital at the Gila River incarceration camp in Arizona. Each of the dentists' names are provided as well as their hometowns. Standing, left to right: Dr. Obo Sakaguchi- Los Angeles, Dr. Kawamura- San Jose, Dr. Kiyoshi Sonoda- Los Angeles, Dr. C. Nishi- San Francisco, Dr. Masao Sugiyama- San Francisco, Dr. Geo Suda- Fresno, Dr. Earl Yusa, Dr. Henry Minami- Berkeley; Sitting, left to right: Dr. Takahashi- Los Angeles, Dr. Masako Moriya- San Francisco, Dr. T. Yamamoto, Dr. Yamaguchi- Berkeley. From page 78 of: Tazu Kawamoto photo album (csudh_taz_0001).
black and white, 2.75 x 2.25 inches
The Tazu Kawamoto Photo Album contains one album of mostly photographs compiled by Tazuko "Tazu" Kawamoto that document various people, events, and activities throughout 1939-1943. Included are photographs, flyers, invitations, and business cards relating to Tazu Kawamoto’s personal life, with a focus on events during the World’s Fair on San Francisco’s Treasure Island in 1939. This collection also has photographs most likely taken inside the Gila River incarceration camp in Arizona, including a photograph of dentists at the Rivers Community Hospital.
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- California State University, Dominguez Hills, Archives and Special Collections
- World War II--Incarceration camps--Facilities, services, and camp administration
World War II--Incarceration camps--Medical care and health issues
Industry and employment--Dentistry
- Permission to publish the image must be obtained from the CSUDH Archives as owner of the physical item and copyright. In instances when the copyright ownership is not clear it is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain copyright permission.
- Chicago citation style
- Dentists of Rivers Community Hospital. 1943-04. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16855.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16855coll4/id/5600. (Accessed December 13, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1943-04) Dentists of Rivers Community Hospital. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16855.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16855coll4/id/5600
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16855.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16855coll4/id/5600>.