A perfect stage
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date from item or accompanying materials.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
Shown here are scenes from Settlement of Lancaster and Reception of Lafayette. Architect Robert H. Mutrux notes of the green in Great New England Churches, "In its layout and in the orientation and the quality of the buildings that face it on three sides, it resembles a self-conscious stage set." It was estimated that about 4,000 people witnessed the pageant.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Historical pageants
- PhotographsAerial views
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- A perfect stage. 1912-07-04. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871k44p. (Accessed December 9, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1912-07-04) A perfect stage. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871k44p
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871k44p>.