Black power and white response
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This copy of Robert Hamill's sermon entitled "Black Power and White Response" was sent to UNCG Chancellor James S. Ferguson by Lurlene Barnhardt around June 1970. It was originally preached on February 16, 1969, to the congregation of Marsh Chapel at Boston University, where Hamill served as dean. At the request of the Western North Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church, Barnhardt and Ferguson served on a white task force which drafted a position paper on race relations that was presented at a conference on race and religion held at North Carolina A&T State University in July 1970. Barnhart recommended background reading to the task force and included this reprint of the Hamill sermon. This copy has been marked up by Ferguson presumably in preparation for drafting the position paper and demonstrates his engagement in the topic.
- Hamill, Robert H.
- Contributing Institution
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified]
- Greensboro (N.C.)
- pamphlets8.5" x 11"
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Martha Blakeney Hodges Special Collections and University Archives, UNCG University Libraries
NO COPYRIGHT - UNITED STATES. This item has been determined to be free of copyright restrictions in the United States. The user is responsible for determining actual copyright status for any reuse of the material.
- Chicago citation style
- Hamill, Robert H.. Black power and white response. 1970-06. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://libcdm1.uncg.edu/cdm/ref/collection/CivilRights/id/2604. (Accessed November 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Hamill, Robert H., (1970-06) Black power and white response. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://libcdm1.uncg.edu/cdm/ref/collection/CivilRights/id/2604
- MLA citation style
- Hamill, Robert H.. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://libcdm1.uncg.edu/cdm/ref/collection/CivilRights/id/2604>.