Arthur W. Blood Town Forest
- View Full Item
- Created Date
In 1946, Lancaster resident Arthur W. Blood donated approximately 125 acres of forestland to the town. This, added to some town land, brought the amount to the 150 acres making up the original Blood Town Forest. It has approximately 600 acres today. This photograph shows the stone erected in 1956 to mark the Wheelwright Memorial Entrance on Brockelman Road. George W. Wheelwright was the original chairman of the town forest committee.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Historical markers
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Arthur W. Blood Town Forest. 1956-2005. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871f47p. (Accessed December 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1956-2005) Arthur W. Blood Town Forest. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871f47p
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871f47p>.