Rev. Edmund Hamilton
- View Full Item
- Created Date
The Rev. Edmund Hamilton Sears was the seventh minister of the First Church of Christ, serving the congregation from 1840 to 1847. Also a poet, he is perhaps best known for having written the well-known Christmas hymn "It Came upon a Midnight Clear.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
First Church of Christ, Unitarian
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- PhotographsPortrait photographs
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Rev. Edmund Hamilton. 1845-1876. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871k93m. (Accessed December 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1845-1876) Rev. Edmund Hamilton. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871k93m
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871k93m>.