3 Gymnasts Balancing on Each Other
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photograph of 3 gymnasts from the men's gymnastics team at Springfield College. The gymnast at the top is standing on the middle gymnasts shoulders with his arms straight out to the sides. The gymnast in the middle is sitting on the bottom gymnasts shoulders with his arms straight out to the side. The gymnast at the bottom is standing with him legs slightly apart with his arms straight out to the side balancing the other two on top of him. The history of Gymnastics at Springfield College goes all the way back to nearly the founding of Springfield College in 1885. Dr. James Naismith, the creator of Basketball, was an early SC Gymnast. Leslie Judd, widely considered a father of modern Gymnastics, was head coach for many years. In 1955, Frank Wolcott began coaching the men’s gymnastics team at Springfield College. Bob Cargill followed up Wolcott and coached the team for 1 season from 1981-1982. The team was then coached by Steve Posner, who remains as the head coach today. He has coached the team for 30 seasons and has an overall record of 137 wins and 206 losses. During the 1990-1991 season, Eric Weiskopf took over as head coach and Posner returned during the 1991-1992 season.
Item loose in scapbook, not attached to page.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- Springfield College
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- 3 Gymnasts Balancing on Each Other. 1917-1922. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/6535. (Accessed July 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1917-1922) 3 Gymnasts Balancing on Each Other. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/6535
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/6535>.