• Description
  • The observatory was built in 1895 using sandstone left over from building Denny Hall. Features include an 1891 six-inch refracting telescope and Civil War cannonballs on which the glass dome rotates. ("A Campus Walk," University of Washington pamphlet, 1996.)Filed in: UW - Observatory (#477).
  • Format
  • Photograph: b&w
    4 7/8 x 6 7/8 in.
    Scanned as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 24-bit RGB color or 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 or 600 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3