Map of Woodstock, Conn
View Full Item
Relief shown by hachures.
The authorities for the names used are the Statutes, town, and other records, usage, historical and natural facts, and early occupation or ownership. Formerly the terms "North, South, and West Parish" or "New Roxbury," "Old Town," or "The Common", "Arnold Town," "Muddy Brook," "Village Corners," "The City", and "Stogy Hollow," were familiar local names for the different communities. The dotted parallel lines are old "range" or "cross" roads. The names of house owners are not all contemporary.
By John S. Lester ; topographical & historical names, added by Geo. Clinton Williams.
|Lester, John S., ca. 1834-1910|
|Boston Public Library|
|Heliotype Print. Co Boston|
No known copyright restrictions. No known restrictions on use.
- Chicago citation style
- Lester, John S., ca. 1834-1910. Map of Woodstock, Conn. 1886. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/cj82kr818. (Accessed June 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Lester, John S., ca. 1834-1910, (1886) Map of Woodstock, Conn. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/cj82kr818
- MLA citation style
- Lester, John S., ca. 1834-1910. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/cj82kr818>.