Building: Saxon Hall
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Painted plaster model of a Saxon Hall. Lettering around base reads Saxon Hall and England. There is a keystone shaped stamp embedded in the base; there is no writing on the stamp.
The base structure for the Saxon Hall was constructed from timbers with wattle and daub used as wall filler. The roof was thatched. The Hall was located in the center of the community. It served as a meeting place for celebrations, business meetings, and justice courts.
- Pennsylvania Museum Extension Program
- PA Digital
- Contributing Institution
- West Chester University
- Supporting Institution
- Keystone Library Network
- physical object
- Digital images in University Libraries' Digital Collections are issued by Special Collections, Francis Harvey Green Library, West Chester University. Images are provided for non-commercial, educational, and personal use only, and are not intended for reproduction or redistribution. For the above purposes the user may reproduce these materials (by download, printing, etc.) without further permission, on the condition that proper attribution of the source for all copies is provided by clearly acknowledging the name of the Library, the title of the web page or resource and the URL at which it was located, please credit as follows: Special Collections, Francis Harvey Green Library, West Chester University, West Chester, Pennsylvania. For questions regarding use of digital materials contact Special Collections (firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-436-3456). Special Collections assumes no responsibility for direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental infringement of copyright by content users.
- Chicago citation style
- Pennsylvania Museum Extension Program. Building: Saxon Hall. 1935. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.klnpa.org/cdm/ref/collection/wpa/id/284. (Accessed December 11, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Pennsylvania Museum Extension Program, (1935) Building: Saxon Hall. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.klnpa.org/cdm/ref/collection/wpa/id/284
- MLA citation style
- Pennsylvania Museum Extension Program. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digital.klnpa.org/cdm/ref/collection/wpa/id/284>.