Hawthorne Hill dining room
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Note the ceiling detail, ornate furnishings, and the large tapestry on the left. Though impressive in Lancaster, this mansion, at 30,000 square feet, was actually small compared to others of its day. The Breakers, the Vanderbilt cottage in Newport, Rhode Island, is 120,000 square feet.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Thayer Memorial Library
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Dining rooms
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Hawthorne Hill dining room. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k836. (Accessed December 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Hawthorne Hill dining room. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k836
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k836>.