Hollywood Ten leaving for prison
- View Full Item
- Created Date
The Hollywood Ten, writers convicted of contempt of Congress for failing to refuse to answer questions by the House Committee on Un-American Activities in Washington, D.C. in the fall of 1947. Here, staging a demonstration at the Los Angeles Airport with families and attorneys, are: Lester Cole, Dalton Trumbo, Alvah Bessie, Nicole Trumbo, Christopher Trumbo, Cleo Trumbo, Mrs. Ring Lardner, Jr., Ring Lardner, Jr., Ben Margolis (attorney for the 10), and Herbert Biberman. The group was featured on television in 1977 in "Hollywood on Trial."
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- Los Angeles Public Library
- United States. Congress. House
Anti-communist movements--United States
Blacklisting of authors--United States
Los Angeles Herald-Examiner photographs
Herald-Examiner Collection photographs
- United States
- Nonprojected graphic
- copyright unknown
The copyright and related rights status of this Item has not been evaluated and/or determined. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information. Please contact: Digitization & Special Collections, Los Angeles Public Library, 630 W. 5th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90071; email@example.com; (213) 228-7353.
- Chicago citation style
- Hollywood Ten leaving for prison. 1977. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://photos.lapl.org/carlweb/jsp/DoSearch?index=z&databaseID=968&terms=0000027149. (Accessed October 20, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1977) Hollywood Ten leaving for prison. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://photos.lapl.org/carlweb/jsp/DoSearch?index=z&databaseID=968&terms=0000027149
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://photos.lapl.org/carlweb/jsp/DoSearch?index=z&databaseID=968&terms=0000027149>.