Monkey Island, Washington Park, Milwaukee, Wis.
- View Full Item
- Created Date
The only "Monkey Island" in the world, 165x87 ft., a large oval mound with a countinuous running rivulet, grottos, sand beach and cave for the protection of the monkeys in bad weather. Surrounded with a moat of water 30 feet wide. Postcard front has white borders. Divided back with written message in German with a 3/6 1927 date designation.
- Recollection Wisconsin
- Contributing Institution
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- E. C. Kropp Co.--Wisconsin--Milwaukee
Washington Park Zoo--Wisconsin--Milwaukee
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. For other uses you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).a
- Chicago citation style
- Monkey Island, Washington Park, Milwaukee, Wis.. 1927. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.lib.uwm.edu/cdm/ref/collection/gfmmke/id/377. (Accessed October 22, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- (1927) Monkey Island, Washington Park, Milwaukee, Wis.. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.lib.uwm.edu/cdm/ref/collection/gfmmke/id/377
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://collections.lib.uwm.edu/cdm/ref/collection/gfmmke/id/377>.