Come back Massa, come back! /
- View Full Item
- Created Date
First line of chorus: Den come back Massa, come back!
First line of text: Since Massa went to war de deuce has been to pay.
As sung by C. Henry at Wood's Minstrels, 514 Broadway, N.Y.
For voice, chorus (SATB), and piano.
From the Thomas A. Edison Collection of American Sheet Music.
- Contributing Institution
- University of Michigan
- New York (543 Broadway, New York) : Wm. Hall & Son
- American Civil War (1861-1865)
Popular music--United States
African Americans--Songs and music
Plantation life--Songs and music
United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Songs and music
- United States
- unmediatedvolumeSongs and music.Electronic resourceNotated music
- Public domain. Learn more at http://www.hathitrust.org/access_use
- Chicago citation style
- Gómez. Come back Massa, come back! /. ©1863. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/101800875. (Accessed December 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Gómez, (©1863) Come back Massa, come back! /. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/101800875
- MLA citation style
- Gómez. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/101800875>.