Following Andrew Jackson
- View Full Item
The title pages of a series of sketches dealing with Andrew Jackson. Drawing is entitled "Following Andrew Jackson, 1767-1845," and shows the image of the famous equestrian statue of Andrew Jackson. The artist's name and date are also given.
Andrew Jackson, lawyer, military leader, was the seventh President of the United States, serving from 1829-1837. As president he redefined and strengthened the executive office, and championed the concept of a united nation against rising threats of disunion. He died at The Hermitage in 1845.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Following Andrew Jackson. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/bernhardt/id/116. (Accessed October 24, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Following Andrew Jackson. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/bernhardt/id/116
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/bernhardt/id/116>.