• Creator
  • Webster & Stevens
  • Created Date
  • ca, 1925
  • Description
  • Construction began on T.T. Minor School in 1889, the year Washington became a state. The Seattle school was named for Thomas T. Minor, former mayor and head of the school board. The original eight room school building opened in 1890 with more than 200 students. Starting in 1921, the city's program for deaf students was housed at T.T. Minor.This photo shows the original wood frame building at T.T. Minor School, probably in the 1920s. A new buil... more
    Construction began on T.T. Minor School in 1889, the year Washington became a state. The Seattle school was named for Thomas T. Minor, former mayor and head of the school board. The original eight room school building opened in 1890 with more than 200 students. Starting in 1921, the city's program for deaf students was housed at T.T. Minor.This photo shows the original wood frame building at T.T. Minor School, probably in the 1920s. A new building replaced the old one in 1941. The school building is still located at 1701 East Union Street, although T.T. Minor Elementary closed after the 2008-2009 school year as part of district wide cuts. less
  • Format
  • image
    photograph
    Scanned from original photograph using Epson Expression 10000XL as 4350 pixel TIFF image in 24-bit RGB color, resized to 700 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop CS4, JPEG quality measurement 4
  • Rights
  • All Rights Reserved