- View Full Item
- Created Date
Although the garrison houses of the early settlers are long gone, the sites for some of them can be identified throughout the town. They are as follows: Cyprian Steven's on Center Bridge Road, Rev. Joseph Rowlandson's on Main Street, Thomas Sawyer's on Main Street in South Lancaster, Ephraim Roper's on George Hill Road at Langen Road, and Capt. Peter Joslyn's on Main Street toward North Lancaster. Pictured here is the Rowlandson garrison site.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Garrison houses. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871g65t. (Accessed December 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Garrison houses. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871g65t
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871g65t>.